Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hi!

Wow, I haven't posted in a long time! i didn;t have the mental energy.

Things got really, really bad at work. Then they got worse. Then I quit.

I'm working now as the marketing and communications manager for a non-profit that provides before and after-school programming and summer camps. The same program the boy has been going to after school since his first day of kindergarten.

And. I. Love. It.

Everyone is nice and caring and the whole point is to provide quality programming for kids, whereas the whole point of my last job was to make money for an already filthy rich family. People here assume you know what you are doing until proven optherwise, which is the opposite of where I was. And we have a budget and are expected to spend it wisely, and not constantly asked to do more with less, and all profits go into improving services. Unlike...well, you get it.

I'm not sure how often I will post but I can feel my head rising above the water line.

So, HI!

7 comments:

hokgardner said...

Welcome back. I'm glad the new job is good.

three glass bottles said...

Yay! That sounds awesome. I'm so happy for you!! :)

knittergran said...

Congratulations!!!
Sounds wonderful!

Alice said...

Welcome to the world of PR for kids. It really is rewarding. So glad you've found a place that values you. I do hope you'll continue blogging....there's got to be a goldmine of material where you work now. :)

shrink on the couch said...

So happy for you. Some jobs are awful - and your old job had plenty of the right ingredients to make it so. Hooray for non-profits!!

p.s. my word verification: wactikid !!

Rhonda from Baddeck said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad your bad situation turned into something good. Sounds like your new job will be much healthier for you and your family. Have fun!

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

YAY for the new job. Glad you're back here.