Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Wow!

I met a friend who still works in my old office for lunch today, and that person (being vague here as to not get anyone in trouble) brought me the July issue of the magazine. And I was stunned to see the "letter of the month" chosen by the new editor.

This offends me on so many levels; journalistically, ethically, rationally, "don't-feed-the-trolls-ally"...

There is no end to how many ways I disagree with this letter being published in a magazine that also discusses science. And no end to how sad I feel that this is the direction the magazine I once felt truly proud to work for, is going.

(click to embiggenify)

2 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I echo your Wow.

shrink on the couch said...

Small letters, old eyes, wonky up-sizing. But I read enough to get the gist - evolution is the doctrine of atheism, or some such hyperbole. I'm afraid this trend is happening all over the place - and not just in Kansas. Am hearing, however, that Warren Buffet is buying up newspapers, two in Texas so far. So hoping to see a little turn about in the newspaper print biz.